For sale: Seiko SLA033J1 1970 Divers Recreation Limited Edition.
The modern recreation of the classic Seiko 6105-8110 / 8119 “Captain Willard” that was worn by Martin Sheen in the 1979 epic film Apocolapyse Now. From the limited edition of 2500. First purchased in early January 2020. UK RRP 3850.
The watch is in unmarked LNIB condition, fully functional and keeping excellent time (plus 3 seconds over 24 hours when fully wound and laid dial up. This was timed by eye against the atomic clock and not on a timing machine. Your results may vary). Caseback sticker still attached. There is slight play in the bezel but having tried a few SLA33s, this is common for this model.
- Movement: Automatic calibre 8L35. 26 jewels, hacking.
- Power reserve: Approx. 50 hours
- Case Material: Stainless steel (super hard coating) with stainless steel bezel
- Crystal: Dual-curved sapphire, anti-reflective coating on inner surface
- Lume: Lumibrite on hands and indexes
- Strap Material: Silicone
- Water Resistance: 200m / 660ft
- Case dimensions: thickness 13 ㎜, diameter 45 ㎜, length 49.7 ㎜
- Screw case back
- Screw-down crown
- Serial number engraved on the case back
- Unidirectional rotating bezel
The set is complete and includes:
- The watch.
- The strap with the original Seiko buckle and keeper in unmarked condition.
- All paperwork: instruction booklet, guarantee booklet, guarantee card (completed and stamped by the Seiko dealer).
- Outer white cardboard Seiko box.
- Inner Seiko presentation case.
- Card hangtags.
I'm based in the UK and have bought, sold and traded through WUS many times before. Please see my feedback thread here:https://forums.watchuseek.com/f63/fe...14-945892.html
I'm looking for:
2750 including Paypal fees and insured shipping.
Overseas buyers must have plenty of solid feedback. I insure my watches using Parcelpro so can ship internationally without any problems.
Please get in touch if you're interested.